All of our candidates have signed a pledge to their local communities. This is their pledge.
The local community and its constituents are a Lib Dem councillor’s top priority. We represent you before any politics.
If you elect us to be your councillors, we promise to:
- Be responsive to your needs and offer fair treatment for everyone
- Fight for individual freedoms and overturn prejudice, through consultation and openness
- Push hard for environmental gains through sustainable policy initiatives (accelerating Lib Dem achievements up to 2012)
- Improve local decision making by energising people power and community strength
- Secure sound finances founded on Value for Money and wellbeing/Social Value
- Encourage innovation and commercial opportunities at the Council
- Co-operate across the greater Bristol region, to remove barriers to working and encourage listening